Apple

We all know the brand of Apple. We constantly see people with iPhones and different types of Apple devices. The current new trend are AirPods. Going to school five days a week, I am constantly surrounded with people who have AirPods, and I am one of them. I also am almost always surrounded by iPhones. It is very rare you see someone who has a non-Apple telephone. But when you do, it seems appropriate to always make jokes and comments about androids. I think these jokes and memes are hilarious because I have an iPhone, but what started this? What was the event that caused society to believe you are only "cool" if you have an iPhone?
Image result for apple products
I think people buy Apple products for the clout to be honest. If you have the newest iPhone, people tend to flex it. I believe people try to brag about having the newest iPhone, the iPhone XR or something like that, is because they know that other people know that it literally costs like $1,000. I think this is crazy to pay $1,000 just for a friggin' phone but I guess others do not think the same or have the same opinions I do. I currently have an iPhone 6s and I personally think it is working perfectly fine. Yes, it may be slow and does not have all the features the newer phones have, but it works just the same. I am able to call, text, download Instagram and Snapchat, so I am perfectly satisfied with the phone I have. And yes, I have conformed to this trend of having Apple products, including owning a MacBook, iPad, AirPods and an iPhone, but what makes Apple owners think that we have to make fun of someone who has an android instead of an Apple device? I guess we will never know but I mean it is still pretty funny.
Image result for android memes
Image result for android memes

Comments

  1. I agree with you on this. When people think of buying a phone, I think that the thought of having an android repels them automatically even if they don't know anything about the phone. Since the majority of people have iPhones, and since everyone is always seeking conformity, the amount of iPhone users just continues to increase. I also think that iPhone users condescend to android owners based on the idea of fitting in. Just like how people bully others because they're different, android users are made fun of because they make up the minority. I do agree that they're funny though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment