Reflection

A reflection is a thought, idea or opinion formed or a remark made as a result of meditation. It is a consideration of a certain subject matter, idea or purpose.
Image result for media
Personally, I do think I consume a lot of media, but what teenager doesn't? Basically any free time I have, I am either on my computer or on my phone. I spend my free time watching TV and scrolling through social media. I think this impacts my life largely because I could be a lot more productive than I am if I did not have any media influence. If I had no technology, I would get more chores done, finish my homework without procrastinating and just spend more time outside of my house. I believe media contributes to my levels of procrastination but I do get tired of media or technology. If I get tired of it, I will turn off my phone and just lay down to relax. But one thing I do believe is that my time on media is affected by my schedule. If I have more homework and I know I will be up late, I will just get it done and I will not be on my phone as much. If I am out and about, I am not on my phone that often. If I have no homework or a small amount, I will spend more time on my computer or phone because I know I can. Personally, I think that I spend less time on my phone than other people I know but the media definitely does affect my life in certain ways.

Being more aware of my media consumption does change my interactions with media. I honestly cannot even look at advertisements the same as I did before. For sure, I analyze them and am able to identify different techniques they are using but only if my attention is mainly focused on a specific advertisement.

No, I do not think my media consumption habits have changed this semester after taking this class. Yes, I know and can now understand in a wider way what media can do to a being, but that did not make me alter my time on media. Because I know that other people are on their phones a lot more than me, that makes me think that I am not on my phone as much as I really can be. This ultimately causes me to believe that my amount of media consumption is not too much, in the end, the amount of time I spend on technology, etc. does not have to be limited or minimized.

I think it is important to have media literacy just so that you are aware of what media can do. We need to know how media can change us, through altering our perspectives and contributing to our lives. Just being aware can change someone's habits and will cause them to be more cautious when they are on media.

Being an educated consumer is important because we can now inform others on the subject matter. Those who are unaware of what media can do can now be more knowledgable on the subject. Being an educated consumer can also allow us to enlighten those who are uneducated on the topic through media. We could make a post or add something to our story so that when others see it they can understand what media can do to consumers.

I think that by having the blog I have become a lot more acquainted with my life. I think I am more observant of the things around me. I also believe I am more caught up on current events. For some of my blog entries I talked about things going on in life and in the news, resulting in me being more informed of our world and more specifically the US.

Learning about media has changed my perception and I now know and can comprehend topics I was not able to before.
Image result for media

Comments